Wednesday, November 09, 2011

New to Blogging

Well...I've decided to start my own blog. I have so much in my head that I thought...I better get it into writing or I may lose it.

Many who know me know that my mom and I are the queens of frugal cross-boarder shopping going down to Minneapolis 3-4 times per year. We get so many questions about how we get such good deals, where to find the deals, etc. Mom keeps saying she is going to publish a book about what we do and has lots of great advice, however never seems to get around to it. I guess now that I'm at home on maternity leave, I have the time so I decided I may as well start sharing. Most people cannot believe the trips we do...so I've decided our next trip for Black Friday (November 25th) I will blog the details of our trip. You have NO clue how crazy we are... Just wait!!

Along with the crazy cross-boarder shopping that we do which limits my shopping I actually do here in Manitoba, I am still very frugal with all the everyday essentials I do buy here. COUPONS!! I am commonly known amongst friends and family as "The Crazy Coupon Lady," "The Coupon Queen," "The Girl who knows ALL about the Deals, etc." Yes, I am crazy about coupons (not as crazy as the people on Extreme Couponing) but I am very frugal, rarely buy stuff unless it's on sale and most of the time I can find a coupon for it. No... I don't buy 50 because it's cheap or free and I don't need it (however I do have a cupboard in my porch that my husband calls "the ziploc cupboard... But the key to the above statement was I don't buy stuff I don't need. Ziplocs...we will forever use!)"

So bear with me as I get my ideas together and my blog rolling. Check back regularly and we can have some fun. Don't be affraid to send me some of your advice to be posted or add to my advice. Together we may be able to become even MORE frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment